Volunteer with our Organization
We need your help in creating cards or donating crayons so that we can connect with more youth in the world and show them "All we need is Love and some hands on experiences." Help us with our Happy Mail Initiative.
Guidelines for cardmaking with Packed with Kindness, create cards and mail them to Packed with Kindness, 9815 Lake Pointe Court, suite 304, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774 or contact our organization at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Read below for guidelines: :
1. Create cards with cardstock. Cardstock is preferred due to durability and allows for the cards to last for the receiving child.
2. Use craft supplies such as stickers, crayons, markers, stamps, colored pencils. Please refrain from using glitter.
Card Guidelines for youth:
1. Only write your first name inside of the card for safety reasons. Do not include personal information such as your last name or phone number. You can write the state or organization.
2. Write words of encouragement, focus less on comments related to sickness such as "I Hope you feel better" or "I hope you are okay." We want to focus on encouraging the child, not the illness.
write words such as: You rock, One tough cookie, You inspire me, Smile!
3. Take your time and draw pictures that either support your encouraging words or pictures that are uplifting such as flowers, rainbows, smiley faces.
Please Do Not:
*create cards for specific holidays
*write last name, include phone number or email address
*write words related to an specific illness
*write religious comments such as "God Bless, The lord is with you, He is a healer" since we create cards for all nationalities and religions. We respect the request from the hospital.